Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Peacock Cake

Daniel couldn't figure out what he wanted for his birthday so only a few days to spare, he sent me a text saying he wanted a peacock cake from the Cake Boss. You know, the one from TLC. He was of course joking but he does not know me very well because I will take it as a challenge almost always! Ah Hah! So....my first attempt at cake decorating:

Luckily my boss told me about an awesome store called Country Kitchen which has practically everything for cake decorating. I found edible glitter for the center of the feathers. I got a completely plain, uniced round cake then I created the peacock body out of rice krispy treats. I frosted it all then mixed my own colors with food coloring and decorated! I wanted it all to be edible but couldn't come up with what to use for the small feathers on it's head. I asked the airhead at the cake place to help me with ideas and she replied, "Uhhhh I don't know what a peacock looks like....hahahaha". Weirdo. So Mom and I decided fancy toothpicks were the only way to go. The last photo is the finished product before lighting the candles. There was no way 24 candles were fitting on there so I just made the numbers out of them.

Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment