Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trying something new

I purchased another beading book at Borders (they're going out of business here in Fort Wayne so stuff is discounted) and it's been one of the easiest books I've found to follow. Beaded Allure by Kelly Wiese has 25 patterns for beadweaving projects. The book includes many necklaces which is something I wanted to try. I tried one of the easiest projects, the lariat (bottom) and it turned out pretty cute. I still need a ring to attach to the other end but didn't have one at midnight last night while I was finishing this. I also tried the netted collar but instead turned it into a bracelet since I started this one after the other and it was getting really late. I used up some old beads so it isn't of the best quality and I had some trouble getting the tension right but I think it may have been because the beads were not very uniform in size. THAT is why it's important to get quality beads. Those that you find in the multi-pack just won't cut it but they're good for practice.


Geordie insisted on being on my lap the entire time I was beading so it was quite the balancing act. The netted bracelet looked nice as a collar on him... I thought it was cute and he looked up at me like "Mom, you are out of your mind." I knew I needed a female dog so I could make cute stuff for them! SO I think I might make one and have one of the I.G. foster moms see if one would be nice on one of their girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment