Sunday, January 8, 2012

OPI Trend Tips



So I bought these yesterday at Sephora because I'd always wanted to try them. They are basically stickers for your nails called "Trend Tips". They are really cute for a special event or night out. Supposedly they are "long lasting", and for those of us to do our nails we know that means we might get 2&1/2 days of wear out of them rather than just 2 days...


They were really a cinch to apply and my nails are small so I actually got 2 uses out of one regular sized strip. I applied it then cut around it and applied the other half to my opposite nail. I was surprised how thin they were. I really don't feel like I'm wearing anything thicker than regular polish. I applied them directly to my natural nail (without base coat) and then I applied Seche top coat just to seal in around them and hopefully prevent wear. The package says to just remove them with polish remover but I've read a couple reviews that say it's not that easy. It took a little longer than applying regular polish just because I hadn't used them before. If you decide to try them make sure you press them down really really good in the corners and fold them over the tip really good. I used a wooden nail stick thing (no idea what it's called) to make sure they were firmly down in the corners. Then I lightly filed DOWN (don't be tempted to go UP with the file because it will pull up the corner) and then I was able to pull off the excess easily.


Anyway, CUTE and we will see how well they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment